熱門文章

2010年11月20日 星期六

Possible with God

Read: Luke 18: 18-30; 1 John 4: 4; Romans 8: 37


The things which are impossible with men are possible with God. Luke 18:27



       Another day, my laptop was broken, it could not start to work, even it turned on, not off. My mind came out; "I have to go to Benq shop in town and I have to buy another laptop, it will cost me more money..... " Then I got another thought, "Why I do not pray for laptop? I know it is dead, I believe Jesus who may raise it up from dead." I had prayed for a few minutes, I turned on, it was not working. I prayed more, then I finally turned my laptop on without any damage. I praise the Lord for my laptop! I shouted out "Hallelujah!" with a loud voice, Jesus is alive!

         When you read Luke 18: 18-30, it talked the rich ruler who wanted to follow Jesus. Jesus told him to keep all the laws, he did all since he was a boy. (V 21) Jesus said to him, "You still lack one thing. Sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me." (V 22) When he heard this, he became very sad, because he was a man of great wealth. (V23) The Jesus looked at him and said, "How hard it is for the rich to enter the kingdom of God."

       Those who heard this asked, "Who then can be saved?" (V26) They thought that following Jesus was cost too much, no one can do it. But Jesus replied, "what is impossible with men is possible with God." (V27) No we can, but Jesus have done!

      Many year ago, I got a good job and my life was great. But God has called me as a oversea missionary. I bargained with Him, "Can I support two missionaries, I don't need to out." God said, "You!" I bargained and said," I can support four missionaries in my most salary. and God relied to me and said, "You!" and He continue said, "I don't want your money, I want you to be a missionary." Then I have followed Him since I said, "Yes, the Lord, I will follow you." He had put my in Holy Spirit's fire for many days, I chose to say, "Yes! Sir!"

      1 John 4: 4 said, "You dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world." If you see the further Scripture verses, it talked about test the spirit to see whether they are from God. (V1) Then verse four explained that Jesus is in you who are greater than the one (devil) who is in the world.  We are from God and then we have overcome them (false prophets, Antichrists). So that it is possible with God, impossible things which are for human eyes, and we need Holy Spirit who gives us the spiritual eyes. Then we can understand spiritual things and wisdom.

       Romans 8: 37 said, "..... in all these things (trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword), (therefore) we are more than conquerors through him (Jesus) who loved us. " We are more than conquerors  in Christ Jesus who loves us. I want to shout "Hallelujah!" again. Praise His Name on high! I love you, Jesus, my Lord, my best friend, my husband.... etc.


Focus on Impossible God!

 

 
Author: Rev. Rebecca Sun

沒有留言:

張貼留言