熱門文章

2010年11月24日 星期三

Forgiveness Seventy-Seven times (Seventy times Seven)

Read: Luke 6: 37, 11: 4; Matthew 18: 15-17, 21-22; Mark 11: 25

... you will not be condemned Forgive, and you will be forgiven (release). Luke 6: 37

And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins. (But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father who is in heaven forgive your sins.)
Mark 11: 25-26


      Forgiveness, I do all time, it is very hard for me. Then forgiveness is not command, but it is my choice to forgive others, or not. But I believe that I forgive others, it is releasing my burden up to the Lord. I don't carry any more. And then he takes care for my behalf. Take choice today!

      Recently I got my spiritual son and a sister who talked wrong words to against me. I has told myself, I have never ever forgiven them. It has caused me a lot pains. But I chose to forgive them and release my burden to Jesus. I had another sand paper at home, she is my servant maid, I have forgiven her from time to time. Forgiveness is not make right for that person, but I make right with God. It is our needs.

     "Then Peter (one of 12 Jesus' disciples) came to Jesus and asked, "Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother (or sister) when he (she) sings against me? Up to seven times?" Jesus answered, "I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times."  (Matthew 18: 21-22). Wow! It will be 490 times a day for forgiveness. Is it impossible? But it is possible with us in God.

       In Mark 11: 25 said, "And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins."  Joyce Meyer explained this verse, she said, "forgive, drop and go....). I love her forgiveness explanation. We need to go and make right, or do good (no evil), where there are peace, where there are anointing in faith. So we are the peace makers (Joyce Meyer said)

       When we read Luke 6: 37-38, you will discover judge people, this person has let him (her) go off, it means no forgiveness. Verse 38 said, "Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap, For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." It means that you do not forgive others, your Father in Heaven will not forgive you too.

       Luke 11: 2-4 which is Jesus' teaching on prayer, then verse 4 said, "forgive us our sins, for we also forgive everyone who sins against us. (Greek: everyone who is indebted to us) and lead us not into temptation (temptation but deliver us from the evil one.) How's good for forgiveness!

      Jesus means Seventy times Seven equal 490 times daily forgiveness. It is not Jesus' means, he talked 490 times forgiveness, 'NO', he said to Peter, if we can forgive people until 490 times, we have already forgiven them. When we forgive more people, we will forgot to count times.

     Therefore, forgiveness is action to do what is right to God, not yours. If we choose to forgive people who sin against you so much, we shall receive peace and releasing our trash or worry out of our lives. Praise the Lord for forgiveness!



      Forgiveness is a choice to make a right with God, you may not forget events, but you forgive them.


Author: Rev. Rebecca Sun

沒有留言:

張貼留言