熱門文章

2011年1月20日 星期四

Reach the Ends of Earth for Mission (B)


Read:  Isaiah 45: 3b; Isaiah 6: 8; Acts 1: 8; Ezekiel 3: 5-6

But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth. Acts 1: 8


       I hear news from dear friend, she told me that her husband who got two kinds of Cancers. I knew them, and I lived with them in Rio Hondo in Guatemala. We joined the same mission organization. And we also stayed the same home stay with our Spanish language study. And I will be grateful for your prayer for Curtis. Thank you very much for your prayer.

       Today, we will continue in the topic: Reach the Ends of Earth for Mission. Then we will understand what's mission and calling. I personally believe that everyone has a call for mission.

(4)  We may know god who calls us by names.
        (Isaiah 45:3b)

       "... so that you may know that I am the Lord, the God of Israel, who summons you by name."  God has showed us that He is the Lord who has in control for every situation. We need to trust him ONLY.

      It is good to know God who summons you and me by name, we have the intimate relationship with our Savior, trinity of Jesus, Heavenly Father and Holy Spirit who works as ONE.

(5)  Today, you still hear God's calling voice.
        (Isaiah 6: 8)

        "Then I (Isaiah or you) heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"" God has called the Christians to serve Him in the time. We need to be ready for equipping, so that we can go in His time. I love to ask God, "Please you choose me, I am here and ready, choose me to serve you, here I am, Send me as David Livingstone to Africa."

(6)  God to the ends of the earth. (Acts 1: 8)
       
        We read a key verse today, "But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."

       20 years ago, our church missionary lady Carol Wilson and New Zealand Pastor couple John Booth came to speak in the Taiwanese Churches. One night, we went to outside crusade meeting. I was full of Holy Spirit and I told my Spiritual mom Carol that God has called me to be a overseas missionary and I will reach the end of earth. Then I head the speaker called out in the loud voice. Who do you want to be a missionary? I came down with Carol. This speaker prayed for us. From that day; I knew that I was called to the foreign lands where were full of God mercy, grace and love.

       God has promised me, I would learn languages well and the ends of earth  people will listen to me as Ezekiel 3: 5-6 say, "You are not being sent to a people of obscure speech and difficult language, but to the house of Israel - not to many peoples of obscure speech and difficult language whose words you cannot understand. Surely if I had sent you to them, they, would have listened to you."

       See you tomorrow, I am here to talk more.


Choose you, and send you to serve you everywhere as I pray!


Author: Rev. Rebecca Sun

沒有留言:

張貼留言