熱門文章

2010年11月22日 星期一

Between Confident and Humble? (2)

Read: Psalm 41: 4, 8-12; Habakkuk 3:17-19

Yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior.
Habakkuk 3: 17-19


       Today, it is very hard for me, I need to write confidence in God, I was easy to write humble side. The confident Scripture verses, it is everywhere, or nowhere I can see. But he is faithful, I use confidence what I understand in my view. I try my best to present to you, and I do my best, Holy Spirit will finish rest for me. Hallelujah! (Revelation 19) Glory to God.


      I went to Compton's Interactivity Bible DVD for confident or confidence, it comes out many, but I don't want them. Because it is hard to understand all for once. I choose mine. May God bless you today!

      In Bible, Tebah (or Betah or Tibhath) is a city of Syria that David capture and from which he took  great quantity bronze (2 Samuel 8: 8; 1 Chronicles 18: 8), David took the gold shields carried by the officers of Hadadezer and brought them to Jerusalem. (V7) And later used by king Solomon in making furnishings for the temple. (2 Chronicles 5:1) Tebah or Betah or Tibhath is a city which is called confidence. Do you know it?

       When you read Psalm 41 which is a psalm of David. You will feel depression and victory too. David is a emotional person. But he trust God with all his heart, all his soul, all his spirit and all his strength. Hallelujah! Why God has spoken; "David has followed me the whole-heartily." No other men who trust God as David did. I honor God for him. Verse 4, I said, "O Lord, have mercy on me; heal me, for I have sinned against you." And verse 9 said, "Even my close friend, whom I trusted, he who shared my bread, has lifted up his heel against me." Then David continued to say; "But you, O Lord, have mercy on me; raise me up, that I may repay them. I know that you are pleased with me (confident), for my enemy does not triumph over me (confidence). In my integrity you uphold me and set me in your presence forever." (V 10-12)

       When I read Habakkuk 3: 17-19 said, "Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior. The Sovereign Lord is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he eagles me to go on the heights." If you know the book of Habakkuk, you will understand what he has spoken it. A prophet Habakkuk was complaining to God, he cried out to God for "violence", "injustice", "strife", "conflict",  and "destruction". Habakkuk 1:4 said, "Therefore the law is paralyzed, and justice never prevails. The wicked hem in the righteous, so that justice is perverted."

       After the Lord answer to him (Habakkuk 1: 5-11), then Habakkuk complained second time (V 12-17, 2:1). Then the Lord's answered; "For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end, and will not proved false. Though it linger, wait for it; it (he linger, wait for him;) will certainly come and will not delay. (2: 3) Habakkuk complained twice, God answered him twice. Habakkuk did not understand "Why God used Babylonians (Chaldeans) to punish the Israelites? Because Babylonians were more wicked and violent than Israelites. " God answered him that Babylonians is puffed up, his desires are no upright, but he righteous will live by his faith (faithfulness). (2:4) God will punish wicked Babylonians later (V 6-13, 15-17)  Finally Habakkuk prayed; "Lord, I have heard of your fame; I stand in awe of your deeds, O Lord. Renew them in our day, in our time make them known; in wrath remember mercy. (3:2) Therefore Habakkuk can rejoice in the Lord, even he got nothing. (V 17-18) and verse 19, he has confident and said, " The Sovereign Lord is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to go on the heights." He has learnt to trust in God, his Savior with confidence.


Rejoice in the Lord, He will give you ability that you can trust in God with confidence!



Author: Rev. Rebecca Sun

沒有留言:

張貼留言