熱門文章

2010年11月10日 星期三

God Heals Broken Heart (7)

African children with Hope


Read: Psalm 42: 3, 5, 11; 1 Kings 19:1-10

Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.
Psalm 42: 5, 11

       Psalm 42 author is the Sons of Korah. If you knew the Biblical history, Korah had rebelled God and God made the earth swallow them and that generation. Their lives were horrible for God's punishment. But the sons of Korah knew that they were doing wrong, they were "as the deer pants for streams of water, so my would pants for you, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God?" Wow! It is very sad and hopeless.

(13) Where is God? Put your hope in God.

        Then verse 3 said, "My tears have been my food day and night, while men say to me all day long, 'where is your God?' " They have no way to be out, but they turn to God for help. Their situation is very bad, but they cried out to their living God no matter what the men laughed at them.

        Verses 5 and 11 same writing for twice and said, "Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me. Put your hope in God for I will yet praise him, my savior and my God. My soul is downcast within me, therefore I will remember you from the land of Jordan, the heights of Hermon - from Mount Mizar." The sons of Korah told themselves that cheer up their souls, and told to themselves over and over that I will put my hope in God and I will yet praise him, because you are my savior and my God. They need to find their hope in God by remember what God has done from the past, now and towards future. Count your blessing! Not your trouble!

(14) Feeling of despair in God, there is hope for you.

          When you read 1 Kings 19: 1-10 God brought Elijah out of his depression. God strengthened Elijah with  food and sleep, listened to his complaint, gently corrected him by reassuring him in a still Small voice (he gentle whispered) and gave him the new works to do. (verses 11-18)

          Remember God in all the situation and count your blessing one by one, you will discover that God has blessed you so much. Why do you complain with God?


Look up and there are my help come from!
(Psalm 121: 1)


Author: Rev. Rebecca Sun




沒有留言:

張貼留言