熱門文章

2010年11月13日 星期六

Heavenly Father knows BEST

Read: 2 Samuel 16:5-12; 1 Kings 2: 8-9; 36-44, 46


... let him (Shimei) curse, for the Lord has told him too. It may be that the Lord will see my distress and repay me with good for the cursing I am receiving today.
2 Samuel 16: 11b, 12


          When King David ran away his son Absalom. And than he met Shimei who was from the same clan as Saul's family at Bahurim. (2 Samuel 16: 5)  After he pelted David and all the king's officials with stone. (verse 6) He curses David and said, "Get out, get out, you man of blood, you scoundrel! The Lord has repaid you for all the blood you shed in the household of Saul, in whose place you have reigned. The Lord has handed the kingdom over to you son Absalom. You have come to ruin because you are a man of blood." (verses 7-8)

        Then David acted differently, and he said to Abishai and all his officials, "My son, who is of my own flesh, is trying to take my life. How much more, then, this Benjamite! Leave him alone; let him curse, for the Lord has told him to. It may be that the Lord will see my distress and repay me with good for the cursing I am receiving today." Wow! David was definitely following God the wholeheartedly.

         Many year later, David gave his son Solomon last words. In 1 Kings 2: 8- 9 said, David  mentioned Shimei son of Gera, the Benjamite from Bahurim, who called down bitter curses on me that day I went to Mahanaim. When he came down to meet me at the Jordan, I swore to him by the Lord; I will not put him to death by the sword. But now, do not consider him innocent. (Shimei was a guilty man) You are a man of wisdom; you will know what to do to him. Bring his gray head down to the grave in blood." Ah! David told his son Solomon that you dealt with this guilty man with your wisdom.

          In 1 Kings 2: 36-44 talked Solomon's wisdom to deal with Shimei, the king Solomon sent for him and said to him, "build yourself a house in Jerusalem and live there, but do not go anywhere else. The day you leave and cross the Kidron Valley, you can be sure you will die; your blood will be your own head." (verses 36-37) and in verse 38, Shimei answered the king, "What you say is good. Your servant will do as my lord the king has said." And Shimei stayed in Jerusalem for a long time.

         After three years, two of Shimei's slaves ran off to Achish son of Maacah, king of Gath, and he went out and found his slaves. He has forgiven king Solomon's words. Then king Solomon said to Shimei, why did you not keep your oath to the Lord and obey the command I gave you? (verse 43) and the king also said to Shimei, "You know in your heart all the wrong your did to my father David. Now the Lord will repay you for your wrongdoing. (verse 44)  Then verse 46, the king gave the order to Benaiah son of Jehoiada, and he went out and struck Shimei down and killed him.

         This story is very interesting for me, I have seen one coin in two view: David and Shimei. Later it has come out Solomon and Shimei. The king David did not deal with Shimei that time, he even stopped his followers to stick Shimei down. After David asked his son Solomon to deal to him with wisdom. God did repay what Shimei had done for coursing David. Because our heavenly Father knows BEST.


Focus on Father, not our suffering with coursing words from others. But He knows BEST and He will deal it with His Power and Wisdom.




Author: Rev. Rebecca Sun

沒有留言:

張貼留言