熱門文章

2010年11月16日 星期二

My God, My God, why have you forsaken Me?

Read: Matthew 27: 45-46; 1 Kings 19: 10; 14; Joshua 1: 5; 1 Kings 9: 57; Hebrews 13: 5b; Deuteronomy 31: 6

... because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." Hebrews 13: 5b

       Jesus prayed that the Father will take away the cup (go on the cross), yet not as I will, but as you will. he had knelt down and prayed for three times (Matthew 26: 36-42). He found his three favorite disciples John, Peter and James fell sleep, Jesus told them; "Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the body is weak." (V41) When Jesus went away a second time and prayed, "My Father, if it is not possible for this cup to be taken away unless I drink it, may your will be done." (V42)

      Jesus is the Son of God, when he went up the cross, that was unbearable pain and hopeless. He have never known that this cup was very difficult to drink from it. but He obeyed the will of Father. The reality,  from the sixth hour until the ninth hour darkness came over all the land. About ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Elai, Elai, (Eli, Eli) lama sabachthani?"  - which means, "My God; my God, why have you forsaken me?"  (Matthew 27: 45-46)

         "Because he himself (Jesus) suffered when he was tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted." (Hebrews 2: 18) If Jesus did not go on the cross, there would have no  more resurrection power .  (Matthew 28)

        We will be like Jesus who cried out in loud voice said; "My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?" The voice of God has always spoken "The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged." (Deuteronomy 31:8)

        The word of the Lord came to him; "What are you doing her, Elijah?" He replied, "I have been very zealous for the Lord God Almighty. The Israelites have rejected your covenant, broken down your altars, and put your prophets to death with sword. I am the only one left, and now they are trying to kill me too." ( 1 Kings 19: 10, 14) God appeared to Elijah, not in the powerful wind, not in earthquake and not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper. (V11-13) Finally God gave Elijah the new assignments (V15-17) and he said, "Yet I reserve seven thousand in Israel - all whose knees have not bowed down to Baal and all whose mouths have not kissed him." (V18)

       Today, we are blessed by our Lord, he still says, "I have never leave you, nor forsake you." as his promise.


Take God's challenge today and God will promise you that he has never leave you, nor forsake you.



Author: Rev. Rebecca Sun

沒有留言:

張貼留言