熱門文章

2010年11月30日 星期二

David in his Psalms - Psalm 56 (A)

 



Read: Psalm 56; 1 Samuel 21: 10-15

When I am afraid, I will trust in you. Psalm 56: 3



      Psalm 56 told us that when the Philistines had seized David in Gath. History was in 1 Samuel 21: 10-12 said, "That day David fled from Saul and went to Achish king of Gath. But the servants of Achish said to him, "Isn't this David, the king of the land? Isn't he the one they sing about to their dances; 'Saul has slain his thousands, and David his tens of thousands?' David took these words to heart and was very much afraid of Achish king of Gath.


       I have experience of fear. My servant girl has worked 20 days, but she asked two months salary. Firstly, she ran away for few days. By this Monday, she bought one sister who used those curse words on me. I was very afraid, but I have learnt to trust God. Even she owned me money for food, but I have perfect peace all understanding.

        Yesterday, God told me that I shall go to Lawyer office in town. I went there and I found the solution. If I have to give money, I must give her in front of lawyer. In fact, I do trust everyone, but my lawyer told me that why I don't make a contract. So that I don't need to loose all of money. It is very sad, I can't trust any man, but I thank to Jesus to whom I trust in Him alone. 

      Now We look into Psalm 56 of David:

(1) God's Name is Mercy. (V1)
 
       "Be merciful to me, O God, for men hotly pursue me; all day long they press their attack." That time, David was in fleeing from king Saul. Now he has faced Achish king of Gath, he was very afraid of him, so he pretended to be insane in their presence; and while he was in their lands he acted like a madman, making marks on the doors of the gate and letting saliva run down his beard. (1 Samuel 21: 12-13)

(2) My slanderers pursue David and many attacked  him all day long. (V2)

          Now David's slanderers pursued him all day long from king Saul followers. Many people were attacking him in their pride. (self-righteousness)

(3) Fear and David trusts God. (V3-4)

       "When I (David) am afraid, I will trust in you (God)." When they recognized David who kills tens of thousands more than Saul has slain his thousands' (1 Samuel 21: 11). David took their word to heart and was very much afraid of Achish king of Gath. but he talked himself, fear not, because I am David who trusts in the Lord. So that Trust can take fear away as David did.

       Then verse 4 said, "In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me?" David knew that God is with him, no mortal man can touch him who trust in God and because of God's word, David praise him.

(4) They twisted David's words and plotted evil. (V 5)

       "All day long they twist my words; they are always plotting to harm me. They conspire, they lurk, they watch my steps, eager to take my life." I understood what did David feel? I live in Africa, many people twist my words to attack me like David. They were always plotting to harm David. They were looking any way to kill him as conspire, lurk, watch his steps and eager to take his life. Wow! it was very tough for David who trust in God, so that the trust is coming and fear is fleeing away.

       Today we have studied Psalm 56: 1-6, tomorrow it will be verses 7-13. See you tomorrow!

        I thank you to pray for me for servant girl issue, we will go to lawyer office at 1PM and paid her a big money and settle down this case. Praise the Lord!      
 

       When I am afraid, I will trust God who is in control your dangerous situation.


Author: Rev. Rebecca Sun

沒有留言:

張貼留言